Your car’s battery is an essential component to making sure your vehicle runs. It also provides the electric energy other components in your car needs.
Just like your tires and brakes, the battery will wear down over time. In some cases, the battery can be repaired and in others, it will need to be replaced.
The alternator helps your vehicle convert mechanical energy into electrical energy. When the alternator fails, it can means expensive repairs throughout your vehicle.
Bring your vehicle to Bulldog Automotive if:
- Your lights dim
- You see the alternator warning light on your dashboard
- You have a dead or weak battery
- You smell rubber burning or hear a grinding or whining noices
If your car is not starting, the first thing we will rule out is the battery. If the battery is dead, then we can replace it. But in some cases, the car may not start because the starter, which rotates the internal combustion engine to initiate the engine’s operation, is broken.
- hear a grinding noise when you try to start
- hear a whining noise when you try to start
- see smoke when you try to start
- notice an oil soak under your engine
- if you turn the key to the crank position and nothing happens
contact Bulldog Automotive.